Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baby Shoes

I have found several cute baby shoe ideas on the internet, and this weekend, I found this tutorial and free pattern for little baby Mary Janes. Since Drew and I had to stay home from church this morning (due to Drew's very runny nose), I thought I would see what I had on hand and try to make a pair of little shoes. I had everything I needed (all left over from other projects), so I got to work. I followed the tutorial almost exactly. I ended up top stitching the straps, but I think that was about the only difference. I really love how they turned out! My only disappointment was that the raw edges are exposed on the inside of the shoes. In the comments section of the tutorial, a reader told how to avoid raw edges, and I will try her method next time - there will be a next time! These little shoes are so cute and fairly simple to make. I see several pairs in baby girl's future!

The tutorial didn't give a seam allowance, so I just used a 1/4 inch seam allowance, and it seemed to work fine. I also just used cotton for the lining and soles of the shoes. I will post my future shoes and let you know how the new method of attaching the soles turns out. I have a few other projects that I am working on, and I hope to post them soon!

1 comment:

bakscrap said...

Just too cute Megan!